Saturday, February 5, 2011

More Excitement about Grace

One of the tests that the therapists have done with Grace is to see if she's able to hold two things in one hand. Well, she's never wanted too. For whatever reason, she'd rather drop the one thing and pick up another rather than hold two things in her hand. It takes a lot of coordination to hold two things!! So we had just gotten back from the store and I had bought her some banana cookies, gave them to her, and she picked up two in one hand and HELD IT!!! YES!! Of course, it was only about 2 minutes that she held them, but 2 minutes is awesome!

She is a pro at eating ground meat now. We had chili and cornbread for dinner, and the chili had ground elk in it, and she didn't choke once! It was so cute because she would sign "more" so I would say, "more what Grace?" And she would point RIGHT to my milk!! So I'd let her drink some (which she does SO well out of a cup. Will be starting training from a cup soon) and then she'd be fine and go about her eating. But then a few minutes later, she'd sign more again, and I'd say, "what do you want more of?" and again, right to my milk! Sweet girl knows mommy will share!!! And she knows what's good for her! That wasn't the only time she pointed! Earlier today she had a cookie for dessert after lunch, and when it was gone she signed more. "What do you want more of?" And she pointed right to the cookie in my hand! Of course I gotta give it seein' as she pointed!!! Awesome job Grace!

I don't know why, but Grace doesn't like it when I build blocks up. Today for therapy we were working (trying to) on "put on" "take off". I was trying to get her to help me build a tower of blocks because she's never done that before, and that's coming up in the developmental age group she's around. But rather than her helping at all, she would just knock it over. And you know it's a deliberate knock because her arm would come flying towards the stack like a scorpions tail, fast as a whip, and knock the whole thing over!! So instead of pressing the "put on/take off" lesson, we went with her lesson "knock down!" I just love that she knows how to get what she wants!

We've slept for 24 hours without the bumpers on her crib. I was worried about doing so because the last time I tried, she got her leg stuck between two bars and didn't know how to get it out. But I figured I would give it a try, and she's done pretty well so far, so we will continue. She has also gotten accustomed to getting her "lovey" handed to her at night, but doesn't do anything with it but kiss it's nose, and then it gets tossed to the side. But that's ok, at least she kisses it!

It's now 8:30pm, and time for the little one to go to sleep. We've gone almost a week without her bottle. She's just DONE with it! We were trying to give it to her, and she would plain outright refuse it! She wants FOOD!! So that's wonderful. I've gotten accustomed to just carrying her sippy cup or straw cup everywhere with me with water in it, and if she's too fussy and wants a drink, I whip up a cup of her instant breakfast and she's good. She's just growing so much!!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)