Grace's Day at Church
Grace had such a great day at church I had to write about it! During Sacrament, she usually gets pretty squirmy and has to get taken out to the lounge to let loose, but she was such a big girl today! She either sat on the pew or stood next to me on the pew, and I was just so proud! She wasn't too loud, flirted with the couple sitting behind us a lot of the time, played with her toys some, drank her cup, and was just an awesome girl! It was like, a whole other side of Grace I haven't seen before! She didn't flail or arch once, didn't fuss, didn't even have to go out of the chapel because of being fussy!
After first hour, we got her diaper changed and another cup of warm water just in case, and we walked around for a little with a friend discussing classrooms that could be used to teach more preparedness classes. Then we sat in Gospel Doctrine, and even though she was a bit more squirmy, she still held herself together really well! had some snacks, about 1/2 her cup, and played between Pam and I throughout! Again, I was amazed! And third hour, she played with her little friends in the front, and I barely had to attend to her. The only time she had an issue was when a friend scratched her and she wailed for a bit, but after going in the hall and composing herself, she and I finished off our 3 hours like champs!! What a blessing it is to have a child so willing and able to act calm and collected at church! I am so proud of her! And of course, her eyes closed right as we were pulling in to the garage...being good wiped her out!
Next week is Nursery week! Her first time ever! I will probably be standing outside the door peeking in every so often! I just love watching her grow...it's amazing to know she's 18 months old in 3 days, that I made her with the help of Brad and Heavenly Father, and that such a little kid can have such a strong hold on my heart!!
Amanda
Delicious and Simple! 3 Dutch Oven Dinners
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for messaging me! I love to hear from those that have visited :)